Nurse Triage – Telephonic Case Manager (Part-Time)
Come be a part of one of the fastest growing and most well-respected risk management companies.
The Matrix Companies is an entrepreneurial, risk management organization with unlimited growth potential. If you are passionate about performance, driving the profitability of a growing company and exceeding expectations at all times – Matrix is right for you!
- Triage new workers’ compensation injury claims to determine severity and facts surrounding injury
- Perform 4-point contact: Injured Worker, Treating Providers, Employer and Matrix Account
- Telephonically interview injured worker to assess injury and medical treatment (assist Injured Workers
with the workers’ comp system/process)
- Request, secure and review all medical treatment reports (Urgent Care/ER visits, Office Visits,
- Identify medical issues and provide written update to Matrix Account Executive and Employer
Using the Official Disability Guidelines (ODG), provide estimated healing/treatment duration
- Using the Official Disability Guidelines (ODG), provide estimated healing/treatment duration
- Communicate “red flag” issues to Matrix Account Executive & Employer
- Recommend additional case management interventions (ongoing Telephonic or Field Case Management)
- Telephonic Case Management: Monitor treatment, authorize appropriate treatment, manage cases to return to work (light duty), secure maximum medical improvement, etc.
- Experience in medical Nurse Triage – workers’ compensation telephonic case management preferred
- Active Registered Nurse or Licensed Practicing Nurse
- Understanding and working knowledge of Official Disability Guidelines (ODG)
- Seasoned professional nurse with at least 3 years clinical nursing – workers’ compensation case management preferred
- Understand case management services (telephonic and field case management)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent keyboard and computer skills
- Great customer service skills
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Make a difference
- Enjoy coming to work every day
- Best Places to Work culture
- Monthly massages and activities
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous holiday schedule